We hope we can anser your question in this section. If your anser isn't listed below, please send us an e-mail (email@example.com).
- What's the difference between 30mBar and 50mBar appliances?
In most EU countries the standard gas pressure is 28-37mBar. These should be used with a 30mBar regulator.
In Germany, Austria and Switzerland, the standard gas pressure is 50mBar. Therefor you can only order 50mBar gas barbecues on our German website. These should be used with a 50mBar regulator.
- What's the difference between a HP and a LP barbecue?
HP means High Pressure and a HP barbecue works directly off a gas cartridge.
Low Pressure (LP) barbecues work off a gas cylinder or Power Pak and can be connected with a regulator & hose.
- The gas flow of my PowerPak has stopped. What can I do?
The PowerPak is secured against leaking. When the gas valve of the PowerPak is opened while not being attached to a barbecue, it automatically blocks the gas flow. The PowerPak has to be reset (outdoors);
- Turn off the gas supply of the PowerPak.
- Unscrew the hose of the PowerPak (with supplied wrench).
- Insert a blunt object in the gas outlet. This eliminates the pressure in the gas pressure regulator.
- Screw on the hose again.
- NOTE: Before the gas valve on the PowerPak is opened it must be connected to a device.
- How do I clean my Skottel?
The Skottel stays clean by using CADAC non-stick liner; after use, the liner can be cleaned by simply rinsing with hot water or in a dishwasher. If you don't use the liner, you can clean the Skottel by boiling some water with detergent in it. After that the Skottel can be easily cleaned.
- How do I take care of the non-stick coating of my BBQ tops?
The paella pan and the reversible grid have a non-stick coating. Always use wooden or plastic tools in order to prevent damage. The tops can be cleaned in warm water with a soft sponge or dishwashing brush. Never use scourers or abrasives.
- What are the advantages of gas vs charcoal?
- A gas barbecue is immediately hot
- Easier to clean
- Finely adjustable temperature control (for most models) with a control knob
- Easier to light with an automatic piezo ignition
- Gas barbecues are allowed more often on camp sites and can also be used on a balcony or in a park