- 500g-1kg pork, beef or lamb ribs
- 1 cup Secret Marinade
- Rosemary or any of the more hardy herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup molasses; honey or ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 or more cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper, crushed
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon cloves or whole if preferred
- Marinate the ribs in the sauce for an hour or overnight. Add more salt and pepper if needed. The longer the ribs have been marinated, the better the result.
- Pre-heat the grill or a pan on high heat. Place the ribs on the grill and turn heat down to low. Cook with the lid on for 15 minutes, turning once or twice. Uncover the lid, cook until the ribs look crispy and the sauce glistens.
- Serves 2-4.
- Mix all ingredients and store in bottle until needed. This can last up to a month in the refrigerator.
- Soy sauce, hoisin or plum sauce can be added for variation.