- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 pork chipolata sausages
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 x 400g tin of lentils, drained (I used brown lentils)
- 200g tin of baked beans
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 2 heaped teaspoons of chipotle paste
- 100ml of red wine
- 150ml of vegetable stock (made with a stock cube is fine)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 2 fresh tomatoes, quartered
- Recommended CADAC cooking surface; Paella Pan or Chef Pan
- Heat the olive oil in a deep-sidedfrying pan and fry the sausages until they have browned.
- Next, add the bacon pieces and cook for about three minutes. Pour in the drained lentils, add the chipotle paste and the tomato pureethen gently stir to combine with the sausages and bacon. Add the wine and the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Once it has started to bubble quickly, turn down, add the baked beans and simmer for about 15 minutes until the liquids begin to thicken into a sauce. If the liquid evaporates too quickly, add a little more stock. Add the tomato quarters after about 10 minutes.
- This is great served with sweet potato cut into wedges, coated in a little oil and griddled on the barbecue.