Summer Chicken Stew
4 chicken legs
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 shallots, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 green pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
800 ml chicken bouillon
½ bunch basil
2½ tablespoons tomato sauce
2 bay leafs
2 stalks of fresh thyme, chopped (leaves only)
Potato starch / farina to thicken
Salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil in the non-stick coated warmer pan and add shallots, carrots, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Leave to cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are slightly soft.
- Stir through tomatoes (with juice), chicken bouillon, basil, tomato sauce, bay leafs and thyme.
- Grill chicken briefly and place in non-stick coated warmer pan.
- Leave to cook on a low heat for about 30 minutes. Stir frequently and turn the chicken after 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken when ready and place on a plate.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Add potato starch to the mixture. Make sure the mixture is cooking otherwise it won’t thicken.
- Remove bones from the chicken and mince the meat into small pieces.
- Add minced chicken to vegetable mix and heat together.
- Add salt and pepper.