Summer Chicken Stew
- 4 chicken legs
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chopped shallots
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 sliced celery stalks
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 800ml chicken bouillon
- ½ bunch of basil
- 2½ tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stalks of fresh thyme, chopped (leaves only)
- potato starch / maizena to thicken
- salt & pepper
1. Heat olive oil in the non-stick coated warmer pan and add shallots, carrots, celery, garlic, salt and pepper. Leave to cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are slightly soft.
2. Stir through tomatoes (with juice), chicken bouillon, basil, tomato sauce, bay leaves and thyme.
3. Grill chicken briefly and place in non-stick coated warmer pan.
4. Leave to cook on a low heat for about 25-30 minutes. Stir frequently and turn the chicken after 15 minutes.
5. Remove the chicken when ready and place on a plate.
6. Remove bay leaves.
7. Add potato starch to the mixture. Make sure the mixture is cooking otherwise it won’t thicken.
8. Remove bones from the chicken and mince the meat into small pieces.
9. Add minced chicken to vegetable mix and heat together.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste.