- 350g flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2l warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 finely chopped shallots or red onions
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 700g fresh or canned pomedori tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- fresh or dried herbs like thyme, oregano, rosemary or tarragon
- salt & pepper
- 1 chopped green pepper
- ½ aubergine, cut into strips
- 150g grated cheese
- 200g slices of sausage (e.g. pepperoni)
- 1 onion, cut into small rings
- 2 tablespoons corn
1. Mix flour, yeast, salt and some pepper in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and gradually pour and mix in the water and oil until you have a soft dough. Knee the dough for about 10 minutes until it’s firm and elastic. If the dough becomes too dry, add some warm water.
2. Place the dough in a greased bowl, then cover it and leave to rise until the volume has doubled.
3. Heat the olive oil in the BraaiMaxx wok and fry shallots and garlic.
4. Add tomatoes, oregano and optional herbs as desired and leave to cook on a low heat for 10min.
5. Remove tomato base from the BBQ and set aside to cool down.
6. Grill the pepper on all sides and put into a plastic bag. Leave for 7-10 minutes and peel the skin off the pepper and cut into long strips.
7. Cover aubergine with some olive oil, peper and salt and grill on the barbecue.
8. Split the dough into two pieces and roll into two round pizzas. Use flour to prevent sticking.
9. Cover the pizza dough with tomato sauce and leave about 1cm on the edges.
10. Sprinkle grated cheese and place pepper, aubergine, shallots, corn and sausage over the pizza.
11. Place pizza on the pizza stone and grill with the dome closed for about 4 to 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown.