Fish in Banana Leaves
- 4 pieces of sea perch or redfish of approx. 150g
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons chopped spring onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 8 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- 2 banana leaves
- salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat BBQ to 180°C.
2. Soak saffron in white wine for 5-10 minutes.
3. Stir together all ingredients (except the fish and banana leaves) in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Grill the fish on the ribbed side of the non-stick coated reversible grill for about 1 minute on each side. Remove the fish from the grill and keep separate on a plate.
5. Soak the banana leaves in warm water to make them soft and flexible.
6. Place banana leaves on a piece of aluminium foil (if you don’t have banana leaves, you can also just use a piece aluminium foil) and pour some of the mixture in the centre of the banana leaf and place the fish on top. Add another layer of the mixture and fold the banana leaves around the fish and secure with a toothpick.
7. Grill or barbecue the fish for 10-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).
8. Serve fish in banana leaves, accompanied with a ball of rice.