Roasted vegetable parcels
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups butternut/pumpkin/squash, diced
- 2 medium onions, halved
- 2 heads of fennel, cut into 1cm slices
- 6 baby marrows/zucchinis, halved lengthwise
- 1 small aubergine/egg plant, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage, chopped
- ¼ cup citrus juice (oranges, lemons or limes)
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil
- Tin foil for parcels
Brush the tin foil with butter or oil. Toss all vegetables and herbs in the remaining butter or oil. Divide the vegetables equally into 6-8 parcels or make one large parcel. Fold the edges in twice, so as not to allow any steam to escape. Cook over the Roast Pan for 30 minutes.
Open the parcels slowly to allow the steam to escape gently, and take care as they will be very hot! Add more butter and herbs over the vegetables before serving. Alternatively, you can serve with a garlic/ginger vinaigrette.
Serves 6-8 as an accomaniment or 4 as a main meal.