Saffron coquilles with salicornia
- 12 coquilles
- 400g salicornia
- olive oil
- pinch of saffron
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt & pepper
Recommended CADAC cooking surface : Teppanyaki plate
Leave saffron to soak in white wine. Drizzle olive oil over coquilles and season with salt and pepper. Heat the Teppanyaki plate and add olive oil and garlic. Place the coquilles on the Teppanyaki plate, grill for 3 minutes, then turn over. Drizzle with the white wine and saffron mixture. Grill for another 3 minutes. In the meantime grill the salicornia for 3 minutes on maximum heat. Mix the salicornia with garlic and sprinkle with some lemon juice. Brown the sesame seeds on the Teppanyaki plate. Put the salicornia on the plate. Place three coquilles on top and sprinkle with the browned sesame seeds.
- Fry four slices of parmaham / prosciutto on the Teppanyaki plate and serve with coquilles.
- Do not grill the coquilles for too long, they can toughen up very easily upon cooking.
- During the grilling you will see the colour of the coquilles change from glassy into white. The coquilles are perfect when they have a thin glassy stripe in the middle.