- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon salt (for savory) or, 2 tablespoons sugar (for sweet)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Oil for frying
Recommended CADAC cooking surface: Paella pan, Chef pan or flat griddle
Sift flour, salt or sugar (for savory or sweet base). Add milk and mix until smooth. Finally add beaten egg and melted butter.
Heat the pan and coat the surface with oil. Pour enough batter to create a circle with a lOcm diameter or your preferred size. As soon as the batter begins to bubble, flip over and cook until golden. Repeat until all the batter is finished.
Here are some interesting ingredients to add to the batter:
Simply select the desired ingredients listed below, add to the basic batter, mix thoroughly. Follow the cooking procedure as given above.
(Total weight of the ingredients should not exceed 150g per basic mix.)
- Bacon, onion or chives.
- Sweet corn kernels, chilli, coriander and lemon grass or lime zest.
- Zucchini, parmesan or pecorino cheese.
- Basil, tomatoes and rocket leaves.
- Spinach, feta and olives.
- Red or yellow peppers, olives, preserved lemons, or ground spices such as turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and paprika.
- Preserved ginger and citrus peels.
- Chocolate chips and candied fruits.
Makes approximately 12-15 pancakes.