Naan bread with grilled vegetables
Ingredients naan bread (10 pcs)
150 ml milk
15 g yeast
½ teaspoon sugar
150 g yoghurt
2 tablespoons oil
500 g flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
TIP: use the rectangular ceramic baking stone
Preparation naan bread
- Heat the milk until it’s warm (not hot).
- Crumble the yeast in a bowl, add sugar and 50 ml of warm milk. Stir lightly and leave for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the egg with yoghurt, the rest of the milk and oil.
- Pour flour in a large bowl and mix with salt and baking powder.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and add the yoghurt and the yeast mix.
- Mix by hand until it’s smooth
- Set the dough aside and cover with a humid towel. Let it rise for 2 or 2 ½ hours. The volume needs to be doubled.
- Pre-heat the BBQ to approx. 200°C.
- When the dough has risen, knead it once more and split into ten balls.
- Using a rolling pin, make an elongated bread from each ball, approx. 1 cm thick. Put some flour on the rolling pin and work-space to prevent sticking.
- Bake the naan breads on the rectangular ceramic baking stone for about four minutes, then turn.
- At this moment place the vegetables on it with slices of mozzarella and basil. Grill for four minutes until the naan bread is golden brown and the mozzarella is lightly melted.
- Meanwhile stir all ingredients for the dressing and add salt and pepper.
- Cut the sandwich into pieces and serve with a yoghurt dressing with garlic and chives.
Ingredients grilled vegetables
Olive oil 2 peppers, sliced into small strips
2 red onions, cut into thin strips
2 spring unions, cut into strips of 1 cm
2 green chili peppers, chopped and de-seeded
4 pomedori tomatoes, chopped into 4 parts
2 tablespoons of dried oregano
1 cup chopped fresh basil 4 naan breads
2 balls of mozzarella, sliced
TIP: use the Meridian reversible grill
For the yoghurt dressing
200 ml yoghurt
1 cup of minced chives
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt & pepper
Preparation grilled vegetables
- Pre-heat BBQ to 180°C and use the flat side of the non-stick coated reversible grill.
- Cut the vegetables and place (without basil) on the grill. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Grill the vegetables until done and soft.
- Place into a bowl and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
Serve with the yoghurt dressing.