Saffron coquilles with salicornia
400 g salicornia
Pinch of saffron
3 tablespoons white wine
Juice of ½ lemon
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Salt & pepper
- Leave saffron to soak in white wine.
- Drizzle olive oil over coquilles and then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the Teppanyaki plate until it’s really hot.
- Put the garlic on the Teppanyaki plate and drizzle with oil.
- Place the coquilles on Teppanyaki plate, grill for three minutes, then turn over. Sprinkle with the white wine and saffron mixture. Grill for another three minutes.
- Meanwhile grill the salicornia for two minutes on maximum. Mix the salicornia with garlic and sprinkle with some lemon juice (not too much, as it might get too dominant).
- Brown the sesame seeds on the Teppanyaki plate.
- Put the salicornia on the plate. Place three coquilles on top and sprinkle with the browned sesame seeds.
- Fry four slices of Parmaham / prosciutto on the Teppanyaki plate and serve with coquilles.
- Do not grill the coquilles too long, as this will make them tough.
- During the grilling you will see the colour of the coquilles change from glassy into white.
- The coquilles are perfect when they have a thin glassy stripe in the middle.