Fish in banana leaf
4 pieces of sea perch or redfish of approx. 150 g
4 teaspoons chopped coriander
1 tablespoon garlic, sliced
4 tablespoons spring onion, chopped
2 teaspoons ginger, chopped
8 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon saffron
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the BBQ to 180°C.
- Leave saffron to soak in white wine for five minutes.
- Stir together all ingredients (except the fish) in a bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
- Grill the fish shortly on the ribbed side of the non-stick coated reversible grill for about one minute each side. Take off the fish and keep separate on a plate.
- Briefly cook the banana leaves in plenty of water to make them flexible.
- Place two round banana leaves on a piece of aluminium foil (if you don’t have banana leaves, you can also use aluminium foil)
- Pour some of the mixture in the centre of the banana leaf and place the fish on top. Add another layer of the mixture.
- Fold the banana leaves around the fish and close with a pin.
- Grill or barbecue the fish for 10-15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Serve fish in banana leaves, accompanied with a ball of rice.