Autumn pizza with pumpkin
Pizza base & topping
- 1 large red onion; finely chopped
- 1 small pumpkin; in small pieces
- Feta cheese
- Rocket leaves
- Squeezy balsamic glaze
- Pizza dough or ready made pizza base
- 200ml passata
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Salt & pepper
Modular surfaces or accessories
- Pizza stone
- Chef pan / Paella pan
- Bamboo cutting board
- Pizza peel
- Coat the pumpkin and onion in a little rapeseed oil and cook in the chef pan for around 15-20 minutes, then turn to high heat for 5 minutes to caramelize. Once cooked set to oneside in a dish.
- Place the pizza stone onto your Cadac and heat on a medium heat. Once heated turned down to a low heat prior to cooking your pizza.
- Mix together the ingredients for the pizza base in a glass jam jar or similar, then shake to mix well.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured board to a consistent thickness until the dough stops springing back – either half a ball or a full ball depending on size of pizza required.
- Apply a thin layer of pizza sauce to the base leaving around a thumbs width around the edge. Take the caramelized onion & pumpkin and dress the pizza with this, then crumble feta cheese on the top.
- Slide the pizza onto the stone and place the lid onto your Cadac. Cooking time is around 4-6 minutes, check the pizza after approx. 3 minutes to see how the base and top is cooking.
- Whilst the pizza is cooking lightly dress the rocket leaves with rapeseed oil.
- Once the pizza is cooked remove from your Cadac and dress with rocket leaves and drizzle the balsamic glaze over the entire surface.